Just like you, we are taking the COVID 19 pandemic seriously and we have adjusted our business practices to ensure we maintain a safe environment for our patients and staff.
Most importantly, we want you to know that we are still here to help you with your hearing needs and are we are able to offer you services in a variety of ways. Please call our office at 716-833-4488 and we will figure out the best way we can help you. This includes services for both patients and non-patients of HES. So if you know anyone with a need, we can help!
We are currently offering the following types of appointments:
Telehealth Appointments using video and/or phone support:
- Hearing Aid Adjustments/Tuning: Together with our hearing aid manufacturers, we have the ability to perform remote (virtual) re-programming and adjustments for many device models. If need an adjustment and remote services are available with your model, we will offer you this option.
- Hearing Aid Troubleshooting: If you are experiencing any problems with the functionality of your devices, we can walk you through maintenance and care. In addition, we have a wide range of instruction materials and videos for your reference. You can find these on our website (HESofBuffalo.org) or we can email them to you.
- Hearing Aid Evaluation/Tinnitus Sound Therapy Evaluation: Our providers are available to perform an assessment of your hearing and communication needs while you are safely at home. Video and telephone options are available for your convenience and safety.
Limited Contact Appointments:
- Hearing Aid Problems: if you are experiencing a problem that requires immediate care that cannot be resolved without an office visit, we can offer you a curbside appointment. One of our staff members will meet you at your car to retrieve your hearing aids while you wait.
Limited In-Office Appointments:
- For appointments that are considered urgent and cannot be performed using tele-health, we are offering limited office visits in accordance with CDC guidelines. Upon appointment confirmation, all patients and accompanying guests are asked to report any recent travel, exposure to anyone who is ill, fever, cough, shortness of breath, and loss of smell. We will kindly reschedule you if there is an answer of yes to any of these questions.
- Upon arrival, please call our office at 716-833-4488 to notify our Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) that you are in the parking lot. Please wait in your car until your provider advises you that we are ready to bring you into the office.